Nixle Notification System - Niles City
What is Nixle?
The Nixle notification system is now available to Niles residents. There is no charge from the town for this service, but message and data rates may apply if you chose to receive alerts through your cell phone and/or smart devices.
This system allows residents to receive the following types of alerts and notifications:
- Emergency Alerts (i.e. tornado warning, missing person)
- Advisory Notifications (i.e. road closures, police activity, severe weather)
- Community Notifications (i.e. town hall updates, event information)
How do I sign up?
There are three ways:
- Sign up by texting the word 44446 to the number 888777
- Sign up using the Nixle widget on the homepage of the town website at www.thecityofniles.com Using this sign up method will result in you needing to enter the Town of Niles 44446 zip code.
- Sign up through Nixle’s website at www.nixle.com . Using this sign up method will result in you needing to enter the Town of Niles 44446 zip code.
How will I receive messages?
If you sign up by texting the word 44446 to 888777 then you will receive messages through your cell phone and/or smart device.
If you sign up using the widget on the town’s website or through the Nixle website you have the ability to enter both your cell number and email address for receiving alerts and notifications.
However you chose to sign up, by registering an account at www.nixle.com you can customize how you want to receive alerts and notifications and whether you would like to receive messages from municipalities/agencies other than Fairview.
Citizens can receive Emergency Alerts and Advisory Notifications through text message and/or email. Community Notifications can only be received via email, which means you must provide an email address.