DOG PARK RULES
You are responsible for any damage, injury, or illness your
dog may cause to itself, other dogs, other people or yourself. If you are not willing to accept this
liability completely leave.
- Dogs must be current on vaccines (Distemper,
Parvo, Rabies, Kennel Cough) and LICENSED
- No puppies under 4 months of age
- No dogs in heat allowed (Neutered Dogs
- No aggressive dogs, dogs demonstrating
aggressive behavior must be removed
- Owners must always clean up after their pets.
- Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited
- Limit (2)
dogs per owner
- Children under 12 not allowed
- Be sure gates are properly locked behind you.
- Dogs must be leashed outside the fence
- Don’t allow digging or any other damage from
- No glass containers.
- Park hours are dawn to dusk
- Remove your dog from its leash inside the fence to avoid your dog feeling treated.
- Bring enough water for your dog and some to share protect against heat stroke, predict exhaustion and enforce preventive rest periods.
- Toys and food can be a source of confrontation between dogs. Don’t bring them if other dogs are present.
- Neutering, especially of males, help to avoid aggression.
- Leave the park in better condition and cleaner than you found it.
- No Smoking
- Volunteer to help maintain the park by contacting the Park Office at 330-544-9000 EXT 1141 or leave a message at the wellness center.
Niles Civil Service Commission
The Niles Civil Service Commission will hold a written examination on Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at the Niles Middle School, 411 Brown Street, Niles, Ohio. This examination is for the purpose of creating an eligibility list for the following position:
Entry Level Firefighter
Applicants must be twenty-one (21) years of age. Applicants should be aware that:
1.) Must have Firefighter II certification
2.) Must have EMT or above certification
3.) Due to Collective Bargaining Agreement restrictions, no person will be hired as a firefighter who is thirty-six (36) years of age or older on the date of hire.
4.) To be eligible to be placed on the Civil Service hiring eligibility list, an applicant must pass an agility examination in under 4 minutes and 30 seconds
5.) The agility examination is given through the Cuyahoga Community College at the cost of the applicant on a date to be set by the applicant and the college within 60 days of successfully passing the written examination. Certificates will be accepted if received within the past year. Agility certificates from the Ohio Fire Academy received in the past year will also be accepted.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR AGILITY TEST DATES AND COST:
CUYAHOGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE AT 216-987-5429 OR
OHIO FIRE ACADEMY AT 614-752-7196
Applications may be obtained at the office of the Mayor’s secretary, 34 W. State Street, Niles, Ohio beginning Monday, February 25, 2019 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Applications must be returned to the Mayor’s secretary no later than 11:00 a.m. Thursday, March 7, 2019. A non-refundable fee of $25.00 must be paid upon filing the application.
Bonus points will be awarded for the following with a total of no greater than 20% being awarded:
- 10% Military Credit
- 10% Paramedic Certification
- 10% Inspector Certification
Copies of original discharge papers and certificates must be submitted with the application. The Commission
reserves the right to inspect the original discharge papers upon request. Discharge paper and certificates will
not be accepted the night of the exam. You must attain a grade of 70% on the written examination to receive
All applicants must provide a driver’s license the night of the examination. Applicants considered for employment will be required to comply with additional hiring policies of the City of Niles.
To be published Tuesday, February 19, 2019 and Tuesday, February 26, 2019.
The City of Niles, in conjunction with Trumbull County, has established a fixed rate on natural gas. The fixed rate of $3.09 / mcf (thousand cubic feet) will be effective starting March 2019 through February 2022.
Interested residents may contact Constellation directly at 844-809-6834. Questions or concerns may be directed to the Office of the Mayor.
The City of Niles Municipal Building will be closed Tuesday, December 25th 2018, in observance of the Christmas Holiday.
The City of Niles Municipal Building will be open from 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM Christmas Eve – December 24th and New Years Eve – December 31st, 2018
The Billing Office will close at 1:00 PM on both Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.