Below you will find local organizations that may be able to help with bill payment assistance. The organizations or agencies below may be able to help with utility bills, heating bills, gasoline, and rental needs. Please contact each organization for the specifics of their programs.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Block Grant is funded by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and provides two basic types of services. Eligible low-income persons, via local governmental and nonprofit organizations, can receive financial assistance to offset the costs of heating and/or cooling dwellings and/or have their dwellings weatherized to make them more energy efficient. To apply for HEAP dial (800) 282-0880
Holiday Programs, Prescription Expense Assistance, Utility Service Payment Assistance, General Clothing Provision, Ongoing Emergency Food Assistance.
- Niles Community Services
401 Vienna Avenue
Niles, OH 44446
Food Stamps/SNAP, Medicaid Applications, Child Care Expense Assistance, TANF, Welfare to Work Programs, Welfare Rights Assistance, Utility Service Payment Assistance, Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
- Trumbull County Department of Jobs and Family Services 280 N Park Avenue NE Suite 1
Warren, OH 44481 (330) 675-2000
- Catholic Charities Regional Agency, which is located in Warren and can be reached at (330) 393-4254
- Emmanuel Community Care Center can provide emergency funds for rent, utility and heating bills. Call (330) 545-4301
Prescription Expense Assistance, Utility Service Payment Assistance, Ongoing Emergency Food Assistance.
- Protestant Family Service
496 Glenwood Avenue Suite 115
Youngstown, OH 44502